Last updated: July 20, 2020
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our Site. Google Analytics gathers information about website use by means of cookies. The information gathered relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via the Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out at https://optout.networkadvertising.org/.
Please note that blocking cookies may have a negative impact on the functions of many websites, including our Site. Some features of the Site may cease to be available to you.
Comments and User-Generated Content
When visitors leave comments or provide other user-generated content to or on the Site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Additionally, If you upload images or other media to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included to protect your location information. Other visitors to the website may be able to download and extract your location data from any images you post on the Site.
Interest Advertising Policies & Partners
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here: www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy
California Privacy Laws
If you are a resident of California, additional privacy protections and laws may govern your use of the Site. These laws include the following specific laws and the Site will take or not take action based on these laws as set forth below:
- California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA). The Site does not respond to “do not track” signals. We have not authorized and do not give permission to third parties to track your activities on the Site.
- California “Shine the Light” Law (CA Civil Code § 1798.83). As a business with fewer than 20 employees, We are not subject to the provisions of this law. Additionally, with regards to the use of your private information, you may “opt-in” or “opt-out” at any time as set forth below.
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Under the CCPA, you have certain rights to control the use of your personal information. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise any of these rights, which include:
- The right to know about the personal information we collect about you and how it is used and shared;
- The right to delete personal information collected from you (with some exceptions);
- The right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information; and
- The right to non-discrimination for exercising their CCPA rights.
- California “Online Eraser” Law. We do not knowingly collect information from minors below the age of 18. However, if you are a minor who resides in the State of California and wish to have any of your information removed from our Site, please contact us at email@example.com.
For European Economic Area (“EEA”) Residents
If you are a resident of a country in the EEA, you have the rights, among others, to:
- (i) access your personal data
- (ii) ensure the accuracy of your personal data
- (iii) the right to have us delete your personal data
- (iv) the right to restrict further processing of your personal data, and
- (v) the right to complain to a supervisory authority in your country of residence in the event that data is misused
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us addressed to the following:
EU Privacy Complaints
184 Rainbow Drive #8456
Livingston, TX 77399
We may collect your email address, but only if you voluntarily provide it to us. This may occur, for example, if you sign up to receive an email newsletter, or enter a promotion. We will use your email address for the purposes for which you provided it to us, and also from time to time to send you emails regarding the Site or other products or services that we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt out of such email communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button in the email. Except as otherwise set forth herein, we will not share your email address with any third parties.
The Site may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Site. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions. You should assume that any and all links at this Site are affiliate links. You are not obligated to click on any link or buy any products advertised.
The Site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for the operators of websites to earn advertising fees by advertising and providing links to products and services offered at Amazon.com. As part of the Amazon Associates program, the Site may post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales. See our cookies policy for more information.
On the Site, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Site to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Embedded Content From Other Sites
Articles on the Site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.) that are hosted at other websites operated by other persons or companies. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you had visited the other website.
Sale of Business or Asset
In the event that the Site or substantially all of its assets is sold or disposed of as a going concern, whether by merger, sale of assets or otherwise, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, the information we have collected about you may be one of the assets sold or merged in connection with that transaction.