10 days, 40+ Manufacturers, and over 1,300 RVs all in one place. The California RV Show is one of the largest and longest RV Shows in the U.S.
Attending an RV show of this size is a great way to see a huge selection of RVs all in one place and talk to the RV manufacturers.
The 2019 California RV Show will be held at a new location: Auto Club Speedway in Fontana with free parking. For those of you who have attended this RV show in the past, you may know it as the Pomona RV Show.
It is the best RV show in Southern California and one we highly recommend. We have been to the show four years and look forward to attending this year!
Meet us at the show! Information at the bottom of this post.
2019 California RV Show
Below are the details for the 2019 California RV Show.
- Location: Auto Club Speedway, Fontana, CA
- Dates: October 4-13, 2019
- Hours: 10am – 6pm daily
- Tickets: $15 at the door, $13 online, 12 years and under free
- Food available for purchase
- Dogs are welcome
- Parking is free
- Website: https://www.californiarvshow.org
A wide range of RVs will be on display for visitors to walk-through.
- Class A RVs (gas, diesel)
- Class B Camper Vans
- Class C RVs including Small Class Cs and Super Cs
- Travel Trailers including Small Travel Trailers under 3,500 lbs
- 5th Wheels
- Toy Haulers
- Pop Up Campers
- Truck Campers including lightweight truck campers
Things to Know Before You Go
Given the size of the California RV Show, there is a lot to do and see. Below are some tips we’ve learned from the four shows we’ve attended to help you have a better experience.
- Plan to spend the whole day
- Go during the week to avoid the crowds
- Grab a show program to plan your day
- Attend a seminar or two
- Talk to the manufacturers and suppliers
- Check with your local RV dealership for free tickets to the show
Watch this video for more tips or head over to RV Show Survival Guide
Our CA RV Show Experiences
Shopping for a Class A Motorhome
2014 was the first year we attended the Pomona RV Show. At the time, Kait and I were shopping for our first RV. The show was held at the Pomona Fairgrounds and the cost of admission was $10/person plus $10 to park.
We went in hopes of seeing a wide array of different motorhomes side by side so we could compare and find that perfect motorhome for us.
A few dealers had demo RVs that you can take out for a drive. We took a Tiffin Allegro Bus out for a test drive, the first time either of us had ever been in an RV that large (the “Bus” is 42′ long). After the ride we were sold on wanting a big Class A RV.
It was extremely helpful to be able to walk from one model to another and compare each one without having to drive from one RV dealer to another.
Shopping for a Class B Camper Van
In 2016, we returned to the California RV Show to shop for a smaller RV. To learn more about what it was like to live full time in a Class A motorhome and our decision to downsize, check out my book, Tales From the Open Road.
This video will give you an idea of what the RV Show was like when it was held at the Pomona Fairgrounds.
There was a wide selection of small RVs at the California RV Show. Watch the video below to see some of the highlights.
Meet Us at the CA RV Show
- Dates: October 5th & October 6th
- Chat: 11am – 12pm
- Meet & Greet: 12pm-2pm
- Location: Storyteller Overland booth
Can’t make this show? Find an RV Show Near You