Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means we will earn a commission on the products or services you purchase using the links. There is no additional cost to you and the earnings help keep this website running. Read the Affiliate Disclaimer for more information.
January is the start of the busy season for RV Shows in the U.S. and the Tampa RV Show is one of the most popular and largest Florida RV shows. Branded as the Florida RV SuperShow hosted by the Florida RV Trade Association (FRVTA), this show will be held January 19th through 23rd this year at the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa.
Joe and I have been to the Tampa RV Show three times and plan to attend again in 2022. Whether you’re shopping for an RV, doing RV research for a future upsize or downsize, or check out new and essential RV gear, the Tampa RV Show in Florida is a fun RV show to attend complete with fair foods and entertainment.
2022 Tampa RV Show Details
The largest Florida RV show is a go for 2022. Below are the details for the 2022 Tampa RV Show.
- When: Wednesday, January 19th to Sunday January 22nd
- Where: Florida State Fairgrounds 4800 US Highway 301 North Tampa, FL 33610
- Price: $12 for Adults, Free for Children Under 16
- Hours: 9am to 6pm Wed-Sat and 9am to 5pm Sun
The cost to get into the show is $12 for adults and will include a second day entry for free. Seniors receive a $2 discount on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Active and retired military receive $2 discount on all RV SuperShow days. All children under 16 year of age can attend the Tampa RV Show for free.
Parking at the show is $8 per day for cars and $16 per day for RVs.
Dogs are allowed at the Tampa RV Show, but they need to be leashed and “mild-tempered” according to the show website.
Show website: https://www.frvta.org/show/florida-rv-supershow/
Industry Day at Tampa RV Show
Media and RV industry attendees can register to attend Industry Day at the 2022 Tampa RV Show on Tuesday, January 18th. Industry day show hours are from 10am to 4pm.
RV Industry attendees can register here https://form.jotform.com/42585523855968
Media can register here https://www.frvta.org/media/
Camping at Tampa RV Show
Many attendees prefer to camp at the Tampa RV show or at a nearby campground either in their own RV or a rental RV.
The Super Rally is the most popular camping option at the show. Make sure to purchase camping tickets in advance as these sell out quickly.
Camp with an RV club. Some RV manufacturers and clubs will organize their own rally at the Tampa RV Show. For example, the Newmar Kountry Klub usually hosts a Florida RV SuperShow Rally. For $265, you and a guest receive five nights of camping with 30amp service, unlimited admission to the RV Show, entertainment, and more.
Don’t want to camp on site? There are plenty of RV parks and campgrounds around the fairgrounds. One option that we have stayed at is Lazydayz RV Resort.
For media or vendors attending the Tampa RV Show, there is a separate camping area on site. Find out more by contacting the Florida RV Trade Association organizers.
RV Manufacturers at the Tampa RV Show
Since the Tampa RV Show is one of the largest RV shows in U.S., attendees can expect to see all types of RVs for sale by a wide range of manufacturers. For example,
RV Accessories and Gear Vendors
There will be two supplier buildings at the Tampa RV Show filled with vendors selling essential RV gear. If you’re looking for an accessory for your camper, you’ll likely find it here. Vendors range from campground organizations and RV mattresses to gear you need to dump your RV tanks and everything in between.
Be sure to stop by the TechnoRV booth and say hi to our friends Eric and Tami Johnson! They carry a wide variety of tech gear tested and approved by RVers along with great customer support.
Tips for Attending the Show
Navigating a large RV show like this one can be overwhelming. Here are some tips on how to make the most out of your time at the January Florida RV Show in Tampa:
- Wear comfortable shoes. This is the largest RV show in Florida and there is a quite a bit of ground to cover if you intend to walk the entire show. If you’re not camping on site, consider bringing a back up pair of shoes in case the weather changes. It could be warm and sunny one day and cold and rainy the next day.
- Review the show layout. Take some time to look at the map of the RV show so you can plan your day or days. You can also download the map onto your mobile device for quick reference on site.
- Take notes and photos. Attending such a large RV show can quickly result in information overload. Take notes and photos to help you remember what you liked.
- Bring a tape measure. There have been many times where we wanted to know the exact measurements of a space or item at the show. For example, if you want a composting toilet in the RV, having the exact measurements of the toilet or the space its going into will be very handy.
Our Tampa RV Show Experiences
To get an idea of what the Tampa RV Show aka Florida RV SuperShow is like check out this recap of our first attendance in 2016.
We spent three days checking out RVs, products, resorts and everything in between. To say the Tampa RV Show is huge would be an understatement. For anyone in the market to buy an RV or RV accessories, this show offers one place to see it all.
Not every RV model and layout was at the show, but there was plenty of inventory to get an idea of the options available.
Are you going to the Tampa RV Show? Have you been? Leave me a comment below.